Enhancing Organizational Creativity & Innovation
Leadership that stimulates and foster organizational innovation and creativity
Toyota, IKEA, Nestle, Google, Apple, UBER, TATA, P&G and Skype are some of the most successful and reputable companies in this era, nevertheless they are among the top innovative companies in the world. Such Companies recognized that in the fast changing world, Innovations are the key to success and competitiveness. Innovations bring not only to organizations new products or services to the market, but they increase the organizations competitiveness, growth, market value, reputation and even more.
Even though outstanding companies are aware of the importance of innovations and can do everything right but still lose their market leadership, or worse, disappear completely. The Problem is simply because of the lack of applying Innovation Management best practices and tools.
Since innovations are the result of human creativity and introducing novel ideas that change the way things are done, managing innovative projects requires managing technical professionals, managing changes, risks and the future in new techniques and approaches.
The program aims to enable the participants to:
- Lead through Innovation
- Generate ideas in systematic approaches
- Develop innovative products, services and business models
- Improve the organizational capabilities in developing, managing and monitoring the innovation process
- Creating New Revenue Sources through business model innovation
Supervisors, managers, team and project leaders, and all individuals who need to adopt creative approach at work, whether to solve problems, introduce changes or new products/services.
It is recommended for:
- Decision makers wishing to improve their strategic planning
- Marketing and product managers interested in introducing new products
- Technical and R&D managers wishing to understand the management and marketing aspects
- Introduction to Innovation & Creativity
- Ideas Generation Tools
- Types of Innovation
- Business Model Innovation
- Customer Validation
- Innovation & New Product Development Process
- Innovation Culture in Organizations
20 Training Hours