Applied Scientific Research Fund (ASRF) is is a non-government; non-profit organization created and has the initial funding by Samih Darwazah, founder of Hikma Pharmaceuticals to promote the development of applied science and engineering ideas.
ASRF is the first research funding organization initiated from the private sector in Jordan as non-profit company acting on commercial basis while 100% of the profit is invested back in the fund to support the creation of the innovation ecosystem in Jordan and the Middle East.
ASRF is applying and experimenting new innovation funding approaches in the Middle East while focusing on the sustainability. ASRF will fund applied researches and innovations that have market potential and the return on investment will be through intellectual property commercialization.
Jamil as Director of Operations and Consultant is responsible for
– Develop the fund strategy and framework.
– Design fund schemes to encourage Jordanian innovation by Funding mechanisms like (proof of concept, industry-research partnership and applied research).
– Develop application and evaluation process.
– Pilot the marketing, evaluation of applications, selection criteria, funding agreements and post investment support.
– Support the fund raising plans and strategic alliances/partnerships.