Design Thinking for New Product Development with 3D Printingadmin
Design Thinking is a method for practical, creative resolution of challenges and creating new products. It is a form of solution-focused thinking with the intent of producing a constructive future results with the focus on human perspective.
The overall goal of this design thinking is to help design better products, services, processes, strategies, spaces, architecture, and experiences. Design thinking helps teams develop practical and innovative solutions for existing problems. It is a human-focused, iterative, prototype-driven, innovative design process focusing on understating the real customer needs.
In short, design Thinking is a framework that helps in solving complex problems in a rapid changing world and develop new solutions, products and services suitable to the target group. It would help in leading to innovations that focus on understanding human values and combine them with business and technology.
The program is an activity based that focuses on using the designer’s sensibility and methods in business to match people’s needs with what is technologically feasible and what viable business strategy that can convert into customer value and market opportunity.
The Design Thinking program will give you an intense insight in the process and teach you how to apply the method and get quickly to a profound result in teams that are diverse, gaining a lot of empathy for your user or target group.
In this program you will learn how the iterative process of Design Thinking will help you to deepen your understanding of the challenge facing your customers, get deep insight through research and interview the potential target groups. The second part will lead you to methods for brainstorming and prototyping through 3D Printing technologies and model design. At the end, the program will help in introducing prototypes that are suitable for the target group.
By the end of the training you will be able to:
- develop human-centered new products concepts
- become more customer focused and empathic innovator
- have the tools to generate ideas with improved customer experience
- identify challenges and solve them in teams
- have basic understanding of designing models and prototypes in 3D printing technologies
IBTECAR experience in the Design Thinking
16 workshops and training on thinking design were organized with the participation of more than 600 people.
Supervisors, managers, team and project leaders, and all individuals who need to adopt creative approach at work, introduce new strategies and revenue models.
It is recommended for:
- Senior managers who want to introduce new strategies to their businesses
- Marketing and product managers interested in introducing new products
- Sales people and marketing analysts who would like to have better understanding of their customers
- Managers who want to discover new approaches to generate new revenue sources for business while keeping the focus on their target customers
- Introduction to Design Thinking Framework
- When Design Thinking is used (Cases)
- Design Thinking Process
- Challenges and Team work
- User Empathy Tools
- Problem Definition
- Ideation & Creativity Tools and Rules
- Solutions Prototyping
- 3D Printing Technics
- 3D Models Design
- Validation and testing
The training will be interactive with several team work and practical activities. The following approaches will be used
- Interactive presentation
- Group works
- Case studies
- Hands on tools experimentation on target customers
- Hands on 3D printing and prototyping
- End of Training Project demonstration